Like leading US tech companies such as Airbnb and Uber, which have revolutionized their industry, the Swiss startup Kooloco is launching with the ambition of doing the same in the field of sports adventures.
Since July 1st, it has been possible to book new exciting adventures in Switzerland and around the world directly
from the palm of your hand. From trekking across the Alps to immersing yourself in Indonesian tribes and the
"Great Road" in e-Bike, these adventures are available now on www.kooloco.com
and the free mobile application
on iOS and Android.
It was during a surf trip in the Philippines in 2016 that the idea of such a platform was born, while the project
founders, Romain Magnin and Marc-Antoine Burgener, encountered difficulties in finding a guide capable of
discovering the best waves on the island, away from the tourist crowds. "We lost a lot of time and energy in finding
the perfect local expert. However, the quality and success of such an expedition relies mainly on the
professionalism of the guide," explains Romain, currently CEO of Kooloco.
Facing this problem, the entrepreneurs then devised a solution that would benefit all sports adventurers. With
family or friends, Kooloco offers its users unique and authentic experiences over one or more days, all guided by
the best local experts.
Following the launch, the ambitious project made a promising start: with more than 300 service providers
registered on the platform, for more than 500 listed adventures, Kooloco demonstrates its ability to meet the
strong need of the Millennials. Happy to see such a success, Romain explains the vision of the start-up: "We are
subject to strong demand from service providers. Nevertheless, our mission is to offer only authentic sports
adventures, thus guaranteeing our users that they do not fall into any kind of tourist traps. We therefore carry
out an important selection process to only list adventures that meet our quality criteria.
To celebrate the launch of its application, Kooloco is now offering 10 free adventures. The start-up will draw 10
winners among the new users who have registered on the platform before July 15, 2019.
Key facts and figures
• Application available for download on iOS and Android
• More than 300 service providers registered on the platform
• More than 500 adventures listed in Switzerland and around the world
• Prices from CHF 30.00.- for one day to CHF 5'000.00.- for 10 days of adventure
• The median price of an adventure is CHF 420.00.- per person
Among the Kooloco adventures, you will find in particular:
• A bivouac "in the centre of the Earth" in Leysin, Switzerland
• A Yoga hike in les Mosses, Switzerland
• A survival camp in natural environments in the French Jura, France
• A trail to carry out the great crossing of the Alps, From Switzerland to South France